Klauer Optical is Iowa’s premier optical company with over seventy-five years of providing the finest quality styles and selection from the world’s best optical companies.We offer Iowa’s most extensive selection of lenses and frames for every prescription need from every major optical manufacturer around the world.
We offer Iowa’s finest trained staff of optical experts to service your every optical need. We provide the finest selection, quality and service to help every customer look and see their best. No wonder, Iowa has trusted Klauer Optical with their eyes for 75 years.
As the health and safety of our community continues to take precedence during this difficult time surrounding COVID-19 we have made the decision to begin administering comprehensive eye care to our patients while operating under revised protocol as outlined by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), American Optometric Association (AOA), and state and local officials. Both our Dubuque and Cedar Rapids locations are open by appointment only for routine exams and optical sales. Repairs and adjustments do not require an appointment and will be completed outside, weather permitting.
- We are operating with our front doors locked to control the number of people in our office. We ask you to please call when you arrive.
- We hope you will come to your appointment alone, unless absolutely necessary (parent, legal guardian, or caretaker).
- Dr. Klauer or Dr. Oberley will meet you at the door, take your temperature, and ask you a few questions.
- Please bring a facemask with you to your appointment. You will be required to wear one during your time in our office. If you don’t have one, one will be made available to you.
- We are operating under social distancing recommendations and intend to keep our distance, as much as possible, while you are in our office.
Dr. Klauer and Dr. Oberley are available for urgent and emergent eye care needs, including red eyes, injuries, vision changes, and issues involving eyeglass and contact lens wear. We will be answering our phone lines during modified business hours and will schedule our patients in office during the times denoted below:
Dubuque: Monday thru Friday 8:30 am – 05:00 pm and Saturday 8:30 am – 12 Noon
Cedar Rapids: Tuesday thru Thursday 9:00 am – 05:30 pm, Friday 9:00 am to 2:30 pm, Saturday 9 am -12 Noon
Cedar Rapids: 319-378-0066
We know this is a trying and uncertain time for everyone. As always, we are here for you if you need anything. Please feel free to contact us at any time.